Sunday, May 1, 2011

What's all the fuss with the Royals?

This....

I will admit it.

I was one of the four people who DID NOT watch the Royal wedding at the ungodly hour.  I just didn't care. If the media had not made such a big deal about the wedding, maybe I would have been curious.... who knows? I also didn't like the dress. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the house of Alexander McQueen and I like Sarah Burton (The new creative director).... however the dress was kind of boring. I know Kate "or shall I say Duchess Catherine" isn't Lady GaGa but her entrance was kind of ... womp womp ... But all this fuss about the English got me thinking about my love for the Union Jack... I don't know why... I just find it

A. Vintage inspiring 
B. Mod 
C. Fun 
D. Rich
E. Historical

I think the Union Jack is one of those prints that you can THROW on anything, regardless of the color or the time piece of the furniture. I really looks good with anything. It's one of those "crazy neutrals" I like to use, for something totally unexpected.

Here are some examples



Ben Sherman chair at Macy's


Upholstered chair seen in Spice Girls movie designed by Altrincham in the UK
 A reupholstered Union Jack chair from Metro Sofa




Both of these sofas are from Andrew Martin , the Chesterfield Sofa (above) is no longer available, the Armstrong Union Jack Sofa is available here

Jonathan Adler British Flag Pillow. Get it here 

I love this vintage piece. It looks like it would be extremely easy to do. This may be an up and coming DIY ... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment