Friday, April 29, 2011

The Beginning

Hello fellow Designers and Design aficionados!

My name is Ivan and I am currently enrolled in design school in the beautiful and sometimes sunny San Diego. I have a crazy passion for anything dealing with design. I love architecture, interior design, product design... I also have a love for anything having to do with typography, graphic design, art...

You get the idea.

I spend most of my days doing homework and when I'm not, I'm either obsessing over the next thing I want to purchase for my home or surfing the web for the newest design blog entry. My daily rituals of reading architecture and design publications has finally reached a terrifying number... So embarrassing...

However,  I came up with a solution

I'll just start my own blog. Maybe all those hours of searching for the hottest new skillet or the perfect bedding for my imaginary dream home could finally be put to use.

Here's what you should expect from this blog :

- My journey, joys and frustrations with design school (I will keep the last one to a minimum)

- The hottest trends in Architecture, Interior Design, Fabrics and Textiles,  Product and Furniture Design

- Current and past pictorial essays of the above. 

- Videos relating to the beauty of design (commercials, music videos, television and movie clips, etc)

- Photos of Inspirations

- You'll see a little bit of fashion... I am totally intrigued in the similarities between emerging trends in both fields of design. Plus I love fashion too.

- You will see up and coming designers, artists, and amazing people making differences in our world.

I hope I have somewhat captivated your attention... Think of this as a place to gather ideas and inspiration. I always think designers should know the importance of collaborating with each other and the beauty that sharing ideas can bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment